My Scrapbook Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Baby Book 4 - Micah's arrival!

I LOVE the way these pages turned out! I don't think there's anything I would change about them. The colours and patterns of the papers all work together perfectly.

I picked some of my favourite pictures from just after Micah's birth while we were still in the hospital. I did the extra (tedious) cutting for the title to create a border around the letters but I love how it turned out. I like that the title spans the whole 2 pages with the plaid paper behind it. On the left page I grouped together a couple of pictures with some journalling on a darker blue paper. I think by grouping these things it really pulls it all together rather than just having several pictures, etc. just floating around on the page. On the right page I had a few different pictures and I mounted all of them on a paper border. I used another little vellum quote and attached it with eyelets. One of my favourite things about this page was that I was able to use the measuring tape they gave me at the hospital. You may not be able to tell, but they marked his length and head circumference on it. I just had to trim it a tiny bit but otherwise it fit perfectly!
Here you can see the embellishments I did with two different kinds of paper and some buttons (just glued on). I mimicked this pattern a few times on the pages to give it some consistency.
The journalling included Micah's birthdate, etc. (top left) and a shortened version of his birth story and hospital experience (bottom right).

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Jamie, I love this blog! Way to go! I got all teary eyed thinking of Micah being so small and all. He is the best! On a side note... let me know when you would like to hire me to be your official paper cutter. The calls must be flooding in now with this new blog!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Drea said...

awe... love it hes a cutie!

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home